On June 5, 2007 at WWF's annual meeting in Beijing, China, The
Reduce, Recycle and Replenish
Reduce: We will set specific water efficiency targets for global operations by 2008 to be the most efficient user of water among peer companies.
Recycle: By the end of 2010, we will return all the water that we use for manufacturing processes to the environment at a level that supports aquatic life and agriculture. At
Coca-Cola, we have water treatment standards that are more stringent than many local standards and nearly 85% of our manufacturing facilities have implemented these standards, again reflecting the commitment of our bottlers to water stewardship. We are committed to 100% alignment among our manufacturing facilities with our Company's stringent water treatment standards.
Replenish: Our commitment to replenish means that on a global basis we will give back by supporting healthy watersheds and sustainable community water programs to balance the water used in our finished beverages. We will do this by working on a wide range of locally relevant initiatives, such as watershed protection, community water access, rainwater harvesting, reforestation, and agricultural water use efficiency.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent Receives 2017 Water Leader Award
- Our Way Forward: How We're Keeping People at the Heart of Our Business
- Leading the Way: The Innovative Ways the British Soft Drinks Industry Is Helping to Reduce Sugar Intake
- The Coca-Cola Foundation and The Coca-Cola Company Give Back $106 Million in 2016
- Sustainable Packaging Overview