If you watched the Closing Ceremony of the Olympic Games last night, you saw the hand-off of the Summer Games from Beijing to London. (London will host the Olympics in 2012, and in between Vancouver will host the Winter Games in 2010.)
To celebrate the journey to 2012, Coke in the UK has introduced a limited-edition bottle featuring the photography of Rankin. The picture symbolises the handover with a simple white rose between two hands.
Rankin joins other artists and designers who have designed for and with the Coca-Cola contour bottle, including Andy Warhol, Sir Peter Blake, Manolo Blahnik and Matthew Williamson.
Who is Rankin?
He’s a leading photographer living in London who has been in magazines, ad campaigns and books. He’s photographed celebrities and iconic Londoners such as the Queen and Tony Blair.
Where to find the bottle
The bottle went on sale Thursday and is available only at London’s Selfridges stores (priced at £1.99). So if you’re in London, stop by and pick up a few!
You might remember that Selfridges also sold the special set of Coca-Cola light bottles created by the fashion guru from Sex & the City earlier this year.
More on Journey
- Meet Canada's Top Coca-Cola Collector
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement