This recipe, submitted by Trish Powers of Lutherville, Maryland, is perfect for any holiday gathering.
- 1 Center Cut beef brisket
- 2 cans of tomato sauce (4-ounce)
- 1 packet instant onion soup/dip mix
- ground ginger
- 12 potatoes
- 12 carrots
- Total Time: 4 hr 15 min
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 4 hr
In a flat roasting pan place beef brisket fat side up.
Sprinkle onion soup/dip mix on top of brisket, and pour 2 cans of tomato sauce on top.
Sprinkle with ground ginger. Pour half of the 2-liter bottle of
Coca-Colaover meat. Place whole potatoes and carrots around the sides of the pan. Add enough water to cover meat. Place in 350-degree oven for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, occasionally spooning sauce over meat. If necessary, add a little more Coca-Colaor water to keep the meat covered. Meat is done when fork tender. When finished, remove meat from pan and slice fat cap off the top. Using an electric knife, carefully cut meat across the grain into 1/4" slices and place in a casserole dish covering with some of the sauce. Reserve some to be used as gravy. Serve with the potatoes, carrots and fresh loaf of challah (twisted egg bread) for sopping up the gravy.
More on Journey
A Monstrous Mashup: 13 Halloween Stories From the
- Culinary Caravans: Food Truck Festivals Bring Fresh Eats to the Masses
- Georgia’s Porch Light Latin Kitchen Rallies for Puerto Rican Hurricane Relief
Coca-ColaCompany Embarks on Cross-Country Storytelling Road Trip
- RAIN and CARE Scale Water Smart Agriculture in Ghana, Malawi and Mali