This recipe, submitted by Trish Powers of Lutherville, Maryland, is perfect for any holiday gathering.
- 1 Center Cut beef brisket
- 2 cans of tomato sauce (4-ounce)
- 1 packet instant onion soup/dip mix
- ground ginger
- 1 bottle of Coca-Cola® (2-liter)
- 12 potatoes
- 12 carrots
- Total Time: 4 hr 15 min
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 4 hr
- In a flat roasting pan place beef brisket fat side up. Sprinkle onion soup/dip mix on top of brisket, and pour 2 cans of tomato sauce on top. Sprinkle with ground ginger. Pour half of the 2-liter bottle of Coca-Cola over meat. Place whole potatoes and carrots around the sides of the pan. Add enough water to cover meat. Place in 350-degree oven for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, occasionally spooning sauce over meat. If necessary, add a little more Coca-Cola or water to keep the meat covered. Meat is done when fork tender. When finished, remove meat from pan and slice fat cap off the top. Using an electric knife, carefully cut meat across the grain into 1/4" slices and place in a casserole dish covering with some of the sauce. Reserve some to be used as gravy. Serve with the potatoes, carrots and fresh loaf of challah (twisted egg bread) for sopping up the gravy.
More on Journey
- Movies, Friends and a Little Attitude: 8 Ways to Throw a Blockbuster Party on Hollywood’s Big Night
- What Do Coca-Cola, Cracker Barrel, Cake and Camouflage Have in Common? Supporting Service Members, Naturally.
- Hoops Heaven: 6 Hot Spots to Watch March Madness
- Shake, Sparkle & Stir: A Mixologist Showdown Featuring Coca-Cola Products
- Coca-Cola Glazed Brie Pastry Puffs