This sweet and nutty recipe was submitted by Carolyn Baker of Vandergrift, PA.
- 1 Can cherry pie filling
- .5 Cup water
- 1 large package of cherry gelatin mix
- 1 can of crushed pineapple, not drained (7 1/2-ounce)
- .5 Cup chopped nuts
- 1 tub of chilled whipped topping
- 3 Ounce cream cheese
- Total Time: 1 hr 45 min
- Prep Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Boil the pie filling and water. Remove from heat and add the gelatin mix. Stir until mixed. Add the pineapple with its juice from the can, and add the Coke. Stir in the nuts and cool until set. Meanwhile, mix together the whipped topping and cream cheese and spread on the cooled and set salad. Serve.
More on Journey
Coca-Cola, Cracker Barrel, Cake and Camouflage Have in Common? Supporting Service Members, Naturally.
- Chef Kevin Gillespie’s Coca-Cola Pot Roast
- Santa Chocolate: A Conversation With Lindt About the Sweetest of Christmas Icons
- Giving the Gift of a Carefree Evening
- 5 Unique Christmas Traditions From Around the World