This recipe was submitted by Shanyn Silinski of the Smilin Coyote Ranch in Manitoba, Canada. Shanyn says "This is a favorite summertime treat for our family. Everyone gets every excited when they see the chickens cooking on the BBQ!"
- 2 medium roasting chickens, clean and washed
Coca-Cola® (drink about 1/3 out of each one so they aren't full)
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon pepper
- Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Wash your chickens, pat dry and cover with a thin coating of olive oil, then add salt and pepper. Set aside.
Coca-Cola, take about 1/3 out of each can, place cans in "beer can" chicken rack or set on cookie sheet.
- Wrap cans in tinfoil, slide the chickens over the cans, using the drumsticks to balance them so they stand up.
Cook on higher heat until skin is browned, turn heat down and roast until done. The
Coca-Colasteams them from the inside, giving the meat a tender, sweet flavor – the olive oil keeps the skin from drying out and gives you a crispy contrast to the tender meat.
Be VERY careful when removing from oven or BBQ as the
Coca-Colais still in the cans and will be VERY hot, and the chickens will be less 'stable' and might tip over.
- Pull chickens off of cans.
Place chicken on table with ice cold
Coca-Colaproducts, coleslaw, biscuits or buns and enjoy!
More On Journey
- Deck Your Pantry: Martita Jara Shares Holiday Hosting Tips
- Cheeseburger Soup
- Movies, Friends and a Little Attitude: 8 Ways to Throw a Blockbuster Party on Hollywood’s Big Night
- Food Truck Pioneer and Global Shaper Shares Insights From Women's Foodservice Forum
Watch: Chef Kevin Gillespie and 'Day Off' TV Crew Visit the World of