This recipe was submitted by Bob Jarecki of Davis, California.
- 1 Pound lentils
- 7 Cup water
- 2 Cup diced ham
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 12 Ounce Diet Cherry Coke
- Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Wash and sort lentils. Cover with water. Bring to a boil and reduce. Heat to a simmer. Add ham and onion. Simmer for 40-50 minutes. Add Diet Cherry Coke. (This will produce a lot of foam.) Simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes or until lentils are done.
More on Journey
- 2016 Sustainability Report: Agriculture Infographic
Coca-ColaCherry Spice Cake Will Turn Fruitcake Haters Into Fruitcake Lovers
- Specialty Sodas With a Local Twist: Coke Leans Into Handcrafted Heritage With New Flavors
- Georgia High School Students Cook Up a Brighter Future with Coca-Cola Culinary Internships
- 'Gold Meets Golden' Menu: Dishes and Medals from Chef Cat Cora