- .25 Cup butter or margaine
- 4 Cup thinly sliced onions
- 2 Can (10.5 oz. each) beef broth (bouillon)
- .75 Cup Coca-Cola
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- .5 Teaspoon vinegar
- .12 Teaspoon pepper
- 6 Thick french bread slices
- 6 Teaspoon Grated parmesan cheese
- Total Time: 45 min
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan; add onions and cook until golden; do not brown. Add undiluted beef broth, 1 soup can of water, Coca-Cola, salt, vinegar, and pepper. Cover; simmer 20-25 minutes. In a broiler, toast one side of the French bread slices. Turn, generously sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toast until browned. Ladle soup into deep bowls and top with toast, cheese side up. Makes about 6 cups or 4 servings.
*To reduce foam for accurate measurement, use Coca-Cola at room temperature and stir rapidly.
More on Journey
- JourneyxJourney: The Coca-Cola Company Embarks on Cross-Country Storytelling Road Trip
- What Do Coca-Cola, Cracker Barrel, Cake and Camouflage Have in Common? Supporting Service Members, Naturally.
- #ICYMI: 5 Top Stories from Coca-Cola Journey
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Hot Dogs, Cold Coca-Cola: Step Inside George’s, a 65-Year-Old Chicago Institution