Made ahead and refrigerated, this tangy dish does double duty as a hot vegetable or cold salad and relish.
- 2 Can (16 oz.) small whole green beans
- 2 shallots or small onions
- 2 Clove garlic
- .25 Cup cut-up parsley
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Teaspoon oregano leaves
- 2 Teaspoon prepared mustard
- .5 Teaspoon salt
- .5 Cup Coca-Cola
- .25 Cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon vinegar
- Total Time: 10 min
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: N/A
- Drain beans and discard liquid. Peel and thinly slice shallots; separate into rings. In large bowl, combine minced garlic with remaining ingredients, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Add beans and shallots; toss lightly with a fork. Pack into a 1-quart glass jar. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight for flavors to blend. Makes 1 quart. Serve chilled or as a hot vegetable with steak, hamburger or meat loaf.
More on Journey
- What Do Coca-Cola, Cracker Barrel, Cake and Camouflage Have in Common? Supporting Service Members, Naturally.
- 16 Features From 2016 That Are Worth a Second Look
- Hoops Heaven: 6 Hot Spots to Watch March Madness
- Hot Dogs, Cold Coca-Cola: Step Inside George’s, a 65-Year-Old Chicago Institution
- Home Run Eats: SunTrust Park Offers Braves Country a Taste of Atlanta