Richly flavored beef makes this a popular buffet dinner dish.
- 3 Pound lean beef chuck
- 2 Tablespoon margarine
- 2 Cup chopped onions
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 2.5 Teaspoon salt
- .5 Teaspoon caraway seeds
- .25 Cup dry red wine
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoon flour
- 6 Cup Hot Cooked noodles
- Total Time: 1 hr 25 min
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
Cut beef into 1-inch cubes, discarding bone and fat.
In a Dutch oven, melt margarine and add meat, stirring to brown on all sides.
Remove meat cubes as they brown. Sauté onions and garlic in the drippings until they are soft. Stir in paprika, salt and caraway seeds; cook 1 minute.
Stir in meat,
Coca-Cola, wine, and peeled, cut-up tomatoes. Cover tightly; simmer about 1 1/4 hours or until meat is fork-tender. Blend flour with a little water to make a smooth paste; stir into goulash. Stir and cook 3 to 5 minutes until gravy is thickened. Serve with hot noodles. Makes 6 cups goulash or 8 servings.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Surprises Uber VIPs in Atlanta and New Orleans with Celebrity Chefs’ Ultimate Food Pairings
- #JXJAtlanta: How to Be a Tourist in Your Own City
- RAIN and CARE Scale Water Smart Agriculture in Ghana, Malawi and Mali
- King of Pops Pays Homage to Atlanta Neighbor With Coke Float Pop (Recipe Included)
Coca-ColaLaunch Beverage Pairing Meal Kits