- 2.5 Pound cut-up chicken or chicken breasts
- 3 Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tart apple
- 1 medium onion
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder (more for experienced palates)
- .33 Cup raisins
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 3.5 Tablespoon flour
- 1 Cup coffee cream or undiluted evaporated milk
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- .125 Teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 Cup Celery tops
- 3 Cup Hot cooked rice
- Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 5 min
Rinse chicken and cook in boiling salted water with a few celery tops.
Cover and simmer about 1 hour or until fork-tender. Drain, saving strained broth.
Remove chicken from bones and cut into 1/2-inch pieces to measure about 2 1/2 cups.
Melt butter in skillet.
Add peeled and diced apple, thinly sliced onion and curry powder, and sauté for 5 minutes, blending well.
Stir in raisins, 1 cup of the reserved chicken broth and
Coca-Cola. Mix flour with the cream, stirring until smooth. Add this mixture with the salt and pepper to the onion-apple mixture. Stir and cook over low heat until thick and creamy. Taste for seasonings. Add chicken and turn into a covered container to chill overnight. Reheat in top of double boiler over hot water and serve on hot cooked rice with a selection of condiments.
Makes 6 servings.
Provide a sampling of the following condiments for sprinkling on top of each serving: grated coconut, chopped peanuts, chopped raw onion, raisins, sweet pickle relish, chutney, chow chow or lime wedges.
More on Journey
Coca-ColaLaunch Beverage Pairing Meal Kits
- Hoops Heaven: 6 Hot Spots to Watch March Madness
Find Your Match:
Coca-ColaFreestyle Food Pairings Make Your Meals Pop
- The Pour That Refreshes: Why H&F Burger Chef Linton Hopkins Takes His Fountain Coke Very Seriously
Coca-ColaCompany Embarks on Cross-Country Storytelling Road Trip