- 1 2/3 cups Diet Coke®
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken breast meat, skinless, trimmed of fat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cups onion, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups green bell pepper, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups red bell pepper, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 jalapeños, seeded, finely diced 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 8 flour tortillas (8-inch diameter), cut to 6 wedges
- As needed, fat-free non-stick cooking spray
- Place diet cola in a saucepan over medium-high heat and reduce to 3/4 cup. Reserve for later.
- Make topping by heating olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and sauté chicken until light golden on all sides, about 7-10 minutes. Remove chicken and reserve for later.
- In same pan, add onions and peppers. Sauté for 5 minutes, and then add garlic. Continue to cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and reduced diet cola. Add the salt and pepper, toss well and remove from heat. Cover to keep warm while preparing tortillas.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place tortilla wedges on non-stick cookie sheets and spray them with cooking spray. Bake until tortillas are crispy and lightly golden, about 12 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Serve nachos topped with chicken, onions and peppers.
Makes 8 servings
Serving size: 1 8-inch tortilla, 1/3 cup topping