This recipe submitted by Ellen Neumann of Liberty, NY, is great with beef, pork and hamburgers.
- 2 medium white onion
- .12 Cup Coca-Cola
- 1 Tablespoon Meat drippings (from a piece of meat you have fried or pan drippings from a roasted piece)
- Total Time: 8 min
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 3 min
- Peel and slice 2 medium white onions. Drop sliced onions in meat drippings cooked on high heat and stir slightly. Add 1/8 cup of Coca-Cola. Stir continually until the pan is deglazed and onions are opaque (about 2-3 minutes). Remove from pan and serve.
More on Journey
- Hoops Heaven: 6 Hot Spots to Watch March Madness
- Pay Like a Boss With Coca-Cola’s BillBoss: An Internal Innovation Story
- A Monstrous Mashup: 13 Halloween Stories From the Coca-Cola Journey Archives
- 16 Features From 2016 That Are Worth a Second Look
- Hot Dogs, Cold Coca-Cola: Step Inside George’s, a 65-Year-Old Chicago Institution