This recipe submitted by Ellen Neumann of Liberty, NY, is great with beef, pork and hamburgers.
- 2 medium white onion
- .12 Cup Coca-Cola
- 1 Tablespoon Meat drippings (from a piece of meat you have fried or pan drippings from a roasted piece)
- Total Time: 8 min
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 3 min
- Peel and slice 2 medium white onions. Drop sliced onions in meat drippings cooked on high heat and stir slightly. Add 1/8 cup of Coca-Cola. Stir continually until the pan is deglazed and onions are opaque (about 2-3 minutes). Remove from pan and serve.
More on Journey
- Pay Like a Boss With Coca-Cola’s BillBoss: An Internal Innovation Story
- The Story of a Charleston, S.C. Restaurant and its Legendary Coca-Cola Cake
- Carhop To It: 5 Classic American Drive-In Restaurants
- From Acai to Brigadeiro: 8 Must-Try Brazilian Foods
- #JXJAtlanta: How to Be a Tourist in Your Own City