We are celebrating another birthday today. On July 27th, 1970, The Coca-Cola Company announced that it was continuing its development of protein based beverages with the introduction of Samson in Surinam. We have blogged previously about the different nutritional beverages, Samson followed Saci in this space. While it was originally sold in bottles, later, a powdered version was released. We have samples of both the powder and the bottles on display in the innovation section of the Milestones Gallery at the World of Coca-Cola.
If you are interested in more information, I have attached the original press release. Download Samson 1970 Press Release
More on Journey
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria