One of the cool parts of my job is working with the history of the many brands we have. If you've seen the new Sprite cans and bottles in the store recently, you may have experienced a little bit of nostalgia. The new Sprite packaging puts a modern, updated spin on its signature look. The new logo connects to the "spark" shape seen in the 1966 can on the left. It also borrows from the other Sprite logos in the images below from 1985 and 1997, respectively. Can you identify any other resemblances to the older cans??
More on Journey
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola