Did you know that in the 1950s, a number of Coke ads featured famous African-American sports champions? Among them were Larry Doby, the first Black baseball player in the American League; Chicago Cubs Hall of Fame first baseman Ernie Banks; and Olympians Jesse Owens and Alice Coachman. In fact, we have each of these ads on display at the New World of Coca-Cola.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit