Did you know that in the 1950s, a number of Coke ads featured famous African-American sports champions? Among them were Larry Doby, the first Black baseball player in the American League; Chicago Cubs Hall of Fame first baseman Ernie Banks; and Olympians Jesse Owens and Alice Coachman. In fact, we have each of these ads on display at the New World of Coca-Cola.
More on Journey
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler