At less than three decades old, the Rugby World Cup remains a relative newcomer to the stage of global sport, yet it has wasted little time establishing itself as one of the world’s biggest and best-loved events. Almost 4 billion viewers tuned in to the 2011 tournament in New Zealand. And this year’s tournament in England – which started out with 20 teams over a month ago and is now down to four semifinalists – could rewrite the record books once again.
To prepare for 2015 Rugby World Cup mania and satisfy the sport’s passionate fanbase, the Coca-Cola Great Britain team published a robust editorial package dedicated to this year’s tournament. The site is loaded with insightful feature stories, videos, infographics and more to delight seasoned veterans and novices alike. Their “Instant Expert” series, in particular, is a must-read for rugby newcomers.
Here are 10 Rugby World Cup highlights from our friends across the pond:
More on Journey
- The Honest Truth About Honest Tea: Co-Founder Seth Goldman Reflects on Brand's Mission-Driven Journey
- Cherry Coke, Coca-Cola Life – and Last Names – Join Ice-Cold ‘Share a Coke’ Summer Campaign
- Creating the New Fanta Bottle: Taking ‘Impossible’ Designs From Drawing Board to Supermarket Shelves
- Half of Coca-Cola Sales in UK Grocery and Convenience Stores Coming From No-Sugar Options
- Mobile App From Coca-Cola Japan Crosses 4 Million Downloads