Thanksgiving is a time to reflect, share our thanks and enjoy quality time with family and friends. It’s also Rivalry Week – a time of intense emotions, deep-rooted game day traditions and longstanding team rivalries for college football fans.
As we all join around the Thanksgiving table this week, Coca-Cola wants to challenge folks to make the rivalry conversation a bit more refreshing. Rather than "trash talk" a rival opponent, Coca-Cola is inviting fans and former players to say something nice on social media, out of respect for their football rivalry.
We even got the ESPN College GameDay crew to share their thoughts on what this week means to them:
Participating is easy. First, tweet and tell @CocaCola why you Respect the Rivalry, then tag your post with #GamedayFeeling. Simple enough, right? Well, it will be once you decide what you’ll say to pay a compliment to your rival.
For fans whose rivalry respect is particularly refreshing, the brand will give shout-outs on social media and may just surprise them with a free Coca-Cola.
The 2016 college football season has already featured several historic performances, season-altering upsets and surprise twists, and Coca-Cola has been there every step of the way. Whether it’s the Coca-Cola Refresh Section for the most hyped fans on the ESPN College GameDay set or the ice-cold Coca-Cola beverages fans enjoyed at tailgates or at home, Coca-Cola has kept hardworking fans refreshed all season long.
Coca-Cola hopes to continue the fun and add a refreshing twist to Rivalry Week chatter – please join us!
More on Journey
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- Quincey at CAGNY: 'We Are Going to Be a Total Beverage Company'
- Coke’s Smaller Packages Soften Blow of Philly Beverage Tax for Shoppers and Store Owners
- How to Order ‘Share a Coke’ Bottles Sporting Your College Hoops Team’s Logo For March Madness
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler