While Coca-Cola may have been available in bottles or as a fountain product imported from the US, Bottling operations for The Coca-Cola Company began in Mexico in 1926 in the cities of Tampico and Monterrey, Mexico. It did not take long for some of the traditional advertising forms to be used.
This calendar from 1928 is one of the oldest Mexican artifacts we have in our collection. When we were developing the story for section of the Milestones of Refreshment gallery pertaining to international expansion, we knew this calendar had to be included.
Regardless of the language, it is easy to identify the slogan, "Deliciosa Y Refrescante."
More on Journey
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen