The next feature in our 'Spotlight on The World of Coca-Cola' series is Artist Gordon Chandler of Carrollton, Georgia. Chandler's works in the new Pop Culture Gallery exhibit at the World of Coke are entitled “3 Cokes”, “Carrollton Coke” and “Three Color Cokes”. Chandler uses many re-purposed materials in his art, including the Coke bottle. He started W&P Builders in 1976, a construction company that manufactured welded steel woodstoves, and began equipping the studio that he still occupies today. Much of his work is inspired by traditional Southern collectibles. Originally from Massachusetts, he also shares with us a memory of Coke as a kid, and something else that he learned was pretty popular with Coke in the South!
More on Journey
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership