With the lighting of the flame in Athens Greece yesterday, the Vancouver Olympic torch run has officially begun. I am also creating an exhibit of torches that will be used at the Vancouver games. With all this going on, I thought my Friday Spotlight on the World of Coca-Cola had to highlight some of the torches that are on display at the World of Coke.
We have torches from seven Olympics on display in the Sports and Entertainment gallery of the Milestones of Refreshment exhibit. I blogged last year when Olympic pole vaulter Sergey Bubka helped me install the Beijing Torch, so I wonder who we can get to help install the Vancouver one when it arrives?
In the meanwhile enjoy the photos of Mr. Bubka and the Salt Lake City, Beijing and Torino torches.
More on Journey
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- 4 Fun, Little-Known Facts About Fanta
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- 2,000 Pieces and 28 Years Later: Life-Sized Coke Puzzle Nears Completion
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler