In keeping with our theme for this week, I thought it would be appropriate to provide some background information on the Space Dispenser that is on display at The World of Coca-Cola. In 1995, this dispenser provided refreshment to astronauts Eileen Collins, Bernard Harris, and James Weatherbee on board the Space Shuttle Discovery. Both Coca-Cola and diet Coke were available on this mission. In 1996, a more advanced version of the dispenser also supplied Powerade to the crew.
More on Journey
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History