In keeping with our theme for this week, I thought it would be appropriate to provide some background information on the Space Dispenser that is on display at The World of Coca-Cola. In 1995, this dispenser provided refreshment to astronauts Eileen Collins, Bernard Harris, and James Weatherbee on board the Space Shuttle Discovery. Both Coca-Cola and diet Coke were available on this mission. In 1996, a more advanced version of the dispenser also supplied Powerade to the crew.
More on Journey
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler