Last year, I told you about the artist behind the Coca-Cola Santa, Haddon Sundblom. You may know that his Coca-Cola Santa creation transformed what was to be a simple campaign into a holiday tradition that has charmed the public for more than 75 years, but did you know that you can get a close up glimpse of his original Coca-Cola Santa paintings at the World of Coca-Cola? In the Pop Culture Gallery, there is a complete wall display of eleven Sundbloom paintings, including the two seen here. Our entire collection of original Sundblom paintings of Santa Claus consists of more than 40 in all. Most of the original paintings have been exhibited in several prestigious museums and venues around the world, including the Louvre in Paris, the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto, the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, the Isetan Department Store in Tokyo and the NK Department Store in Stockholm.
More on Journey
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola