I recently ran across this article about about some students at Lincoln County High School in Lincolnton, Georgia, who performed research, found matching paint colors, and are restoring an old
News Article on Students Restoring Sign
It is exciting to see the students rediscover a form of advertising that Coke introduced in 1984 in Gainesville, Georgia that has virtually disappeared today.
I will continue to monitor their progress and hope to update you when the sign is completed.
More on Journey
- From ‘Hilltop’ to ‘America is Beautiful’: Coke’s Enduring Legacy of Inclusive Advertising
- A Storied Space: Behind the Scenes and Songs at Nashville's Intimate Bluebird Café
- Bud's Place: An Excerpt from Play it Again Sam: The Notable Life of Sam Massell, Atlanta's First Minority Mayor
- 'Pop 'n Pour': This Electronic Music Pioneer Created the Sound of Coke's Beloved Bubbles
- He Helped Teach the World to Sing: Meet One of the Songwriters Behind the Iconic Coke Jingle-Turned-Pop Hit