The recent PBS documentary Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide shows how the Half the Sky Movement ignites the change needed to put an end to the oppression of women and girls worldwide. Inspired by journalists Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn's book of the same name, the film shares many stories including that of Alice Kariuki, a farmer in Kenya who sells her mangoes to The
Watch this clip above to learn about Kariuki and the Half the Sky Movement. To find out more about The
More on Journey
- Empowering the Next Generation of Leaders: Wishing Extraordinary Women a Happy Mother’s Day
- Stepping Up With STEP: Coke's Supplier Training & Empowerment Program Helps Women-Owned Suppliers Compete and Grow
- Can America’s Biggest Consumer Goods Companies Help Boost Recycling in Cities?
- Getting to the Corps: Young (and Sometimes Unlikely) Conservationists Reflect on Their Time in L.A.’s Backyard Forest
- Infographic: Journey To $1 Billion With Diverse Suppliers