The recent PBS documentary Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide shows how the Half the Sky Movement ignites the change needed to put an end to the oppression of women and girls worldwide. Inspired by journalists Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn's book of the same name, the film shares many stories including that of Alice Kariuki, a farmer in Kenya who sells her mangoes to The Coca-Cola Company.
Watch this clip above to learn about Kariuki and the Half the Sky Movement. To find out more about The Coca-Cola Company's 5by20 initiative to empower women, click here.
More on Journey
- Building a Stronger Community for Refugee Youth in Turkey
- Conservationists and Coca-Cola Find Mutual Passion in Watershed Protection
- WEF Africa 2017: Creating Mixed Livelihoods for Africa’s Electric Youth
- Empowering the Next Generation of Leaders: Wishing Extraordinary Women a Happy Mother’s Day
- Coca-Cola CEO: 'Progress is Achieved in Partnership, Not in Isolation'