Many villagers in isolated areas of East Malaysia struggle to access water — 92-year old Gunsarob Garing is one of them.
Gunsarob lives in a remote village on Borneo Island in the Malaysian state of Sabah and until this year, getting fresh water required a difficult and time-consuming daily trek to a river several kilometers away since she did not have a suitable source of water near her home. A few months ago, her life changed as a result of a community water project led by
Watch the video to learn more.
More on Journey
- 2016 Sustainability Report: Letter from the Board Public Issues and Diversity Review Committee Chair Alexis Herman
- Infographic: 2016 Sustainability Highlights
- 2016 Sustainability Report: Water Stewardship Infographic
- 2016 Sustainability Report: Our Refreshed Report
- 2016 Sustainability Report: Points of Intersection Infographic