By 2012, improve water efficiency by 20 percent compared with a 2004 baseline.
We believe that our first responsibility is to manage our own water resources in our operations wisely. Our nearly 900 bottling plants around the world rely on water as it is the most important ingredient in our beverages. Water is also used for beverage manufacturing processes such as rinsing, cleaning, heating and cooling.
Together with WWF, we developed a plant-level water efficiency toolkit that helps bottling operations to understand how their water use tracks with best practices within the
In 2010, we improved our water use efficiency across the
More on Journey
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- EKOCENTER: The New Buzzword On College Campuses
- Watch: River Network Repurposes Coca-Cola Syrup Drums as Rain Barrels
- Release of Chinese Deer into Natural Environment Marks New Step for Nearly Extinct Species
- Thank You, Mum: 'Tough Times Don’t Last for Tough People'