Ethiopia ranks among the lowest countries in the world in levels of safe water and sanitation coverage. 66% of Ethiopia's 83 million citizens do not have access to an improved water supply and 79% lack access to basic sanitation. The majority of Ethiopia's citizens live in rural areas where rates of coverage are even worse. Among rural Ethiopians, only 34% have access to an improved water supply
Ethiopia is supporting a community water project to benefit at least
55,000 community members in Woredas region. Funded by The
RAIN together with its partner the Millennium Water Alliance are supporting water supply improvements and Multiple Use Services of water (MUS); improve water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) in schools, institutions, and households; empower women through water-related entrepreneurship
More on Journey
- Building a Stronger Community for Refugee Youth in Turkey
- Release of Chinese Deer into Natural Environment Marks New Step for Nearly Extinct Species
- Can America’s Biggest Consumer Goods Companies Help Boost Recycling in Cities?
- Young Entrepreneurs from Middle East and North Africa Spend Summer in U.S. to Spark Innovation, Foster Business Potential
- What Will it Take to Make the World’s Biggest Companies Sustainable?