Founded in 2006, Global Water Challenge (GWC) is a coalition of leading organizations committed to achieving universal access to safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). GWC accelerates the delivery of safe water and sanitation through partnerships that catalyze financial support and drive innovation for sustainable solutions. The Coca-Cola Company was a founding member and early supporter of GWC. We also were the 100th signatory of the GWC-developed WASH Sustainability Charter, which outlines key steps for creating lasting WASH services. Through GWC’s innovative public-private partnerships, nearly 1 million people have been reached with clean water access.
More on Journey
- Infographic: 5by20 By the Numbers
- Sustainable Packaging Overview
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent Receives 2017 Water Leader Award
- Coca-Cola Partners with Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources and Ko’olau Mountains Watershed on Replenishment Project
- How We're Changing Our Business, Inside and Outside the Bottle, in Western Europe