Established in 1988, the Global Environment & Technology Foundation (GETF) is a nonprofit with a mission to promote sustainable development through partnerships and targeted action. The organization seeks to shape a brighter future for communities and the environment by developing innovative strategic plans, creating high-impact partnerships, introducing new technologies and managing programs that have a lasting and positive impact on the world.
GETF and The
have worked together since 2004 on the Company’s global water management
program and in the development of its overall water resource strategy. As part
of this effort, GETF facilitated the assessment of Coca-Cola’s water-related business
issues, developed solutions for improving water management, efficiency and
community relations and defined a strategic direction on water sustainability
for the Company. Today, the organization supports a number of
Coca-Cola environmental stewardship initiatives including the Water and
Development Alliance (WADA) and Replenish Africa Initiative (RAIN).
GETF and The
More on Journey
- Empowering the Next Generation of Leaders: Wishing Extraordinary Women a Happy Mother’s Day
- First Coca-Cola Cargo E-Bikes Hit the Road in the Netherlands
- Project Last Mile Expands to Strengthen Health Systems in Liberia and Swaziland
- Thank You, Mum: 'Tough Times Don’t Last for Tough People'
- EKOCENTER: The New Buzzword On College Campuses