The value of packaging is often seen as a paradox.
Portable, re-sealable, lightweight, shatter-resistant -- all valuable roles packaging provides in meeting consumer needs and preventing waste while delivering products safely with high quality. However, once emptied, packaging can present an environmental issue if not properly disposed of or collected for reuse.
We are actively working throughout the Coca‑Cola system to create solutions by advancing a global sustainable packaging strategy aimed at preventing waste over the life of our packaging.
To us, waste prevention extends beyond simply reducing packaging material. We also focus on optimizing packaging efficiency; increasing renewable material use; recovering packages for reuse; and increasing recycled material use.
Learn more about our vision, action and our position on key topics in the videos and content below.
Packaging Vision: An overview of
Packaging Innovation: A snapshot of our approach and progress in innovating our packaging design and material use.
Recovery & Recyclability: Discussion on our efforts to improve recovery of our packaging and the recyclability of our packaging materials.
More on Journey
- Empowering the Next Generation of Leaders: Wishing Extraordinary Women a Happy Mother’s Day
- WEF Africa 2017: Creating Mixed Livelihoods for Africa’s Electric Youth
- Thank You, Mum: 'Tough Times Don’t Last for Tough People'
- Coca-Cola CEO: 'Progress is Achieved in Partnership, Not in Isolation'
- Young Entrepreneurs from Middle East and North Africa Spend Summer in U.S. to Spark Innovation, Foster Business Potential