"A Great Drink to Eat With!" declares this 1937 ad, featuring an autumn barbecue. We have to agree. In fact, our Food section is chock-full of features on barbecue alone, from recipes for Coke-based barbecue sauce to stories on the passionate debates over barbecuing traditions.
This 1938 painting was created by artist Haddon Sundblom. If that name sounds familiar to you, you're probably well-versed in your Coke lore: Sundblom is perhaps most famous as the creator of the Coca-Cola Santa Claus.
This 1951 ad depicts a couple enjoying an outdoor picnic. We believe in simple moments of happiness like this - so much so that we recently transformed a drab city square in Lithuania into a pop-up park full of picnic baskets, kites, frisbees and music.
More on Journey
- Home Run Eats: SunTrust Park Offers Braves Country a Taste of Atlanta
- 'Blizzard' of Taste: How Fresca Lived Up to Its Tagline, Literally, for 1967 Debut in New York
- WATCH: Vince Staples Stars in New Sprite Music Video and TV Spot
- Cold Lyrics by Hot Rappers Here! Introducing the Summer Sprite™ Cold Lyrics Series™
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again