Coke and ice cream--it's a long celebrated union that's brought frosty refreshment to many a hot summer. While Coke Floats well out date U.S. President Ronald Reagan's 1984 declaration making July National Ice Cream Month, what a great and timely inspiration for this week's Throw Back Thursday #TBT.
So come back in time with us as far as 1931 when Coke and ice cream paired up for England's National Dairy and Ice Cream convention. After scrolling through our slideshow send us your favorite ice cream pictures and let us know what decade you think the float was king. A hint to those of you looking for ice cream recipes: our last slide is too delicious to miss.
More on Journey
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership