With the cooler weather and holidays approaching quickly, I thought I had to take this pumpkin obsession we all have to another level! First, because I really can’t stand seeing the same recipes for pumpkin things all over the Internet, and second, because if one pumpkin pie is good, then two pumpkin pies are even better, right? Especially when those two pumpkin pies are layered with, and dripping in, bourbon caramel and crunchy pecans.
About the Author
Amy Erickson is the voice behind Oh, Bite It. She creates fun and unique kitchen creations that are mostly all happy accidents. She is not a trained chef and doesn’t take food too seriously. She just finds it fun to keep things interesting in the kitchen.
Amy is one of our food bloggers for The Opener, an
exclusive, invite-only contributor network that will bring the best food,
culture, and innovation writing to the pages of
- 2 pumpkin pies, store-bought or homemade
- 2 14-ounce jars of caramel topping (or sauce of your choice)
- 1 Cup whole pecans
- 1-2 Tablespoon your favorite bourbon
- Total Time: N/A
- Prep Time: N/A
- Cook Time: N/A
- Prepare your pumpkin pies as you normally do. Make the bourbon glaze by adding the caramel, pecans and bourbon into a medium pot, warming it all the way through. Pour some of the glaze onto one of the pies, then top it with the second pumpkin pie and pour the rest of the bourbon caramel on top of it. Make sure that the caramel is dripping over the edges for effect. Slice it up as you would any other pie and act as if nothing is over-the-top here. Grab a plate for yourself and dig into that double decker, mile high, pumpkin pie tasty tower of delight. Enjoy!
More on Journey
- Find Your Match: Coca-Cola Freestyle Food Pairings Make Your Meals Pop
- King of Pops Pays Homage to Atlanta Neighbor With Coke Float Pop (Recipe Included)
- From Acai to Brigadeiro: 8 Must-Try Brazilian Foods
- Decoding Day of the Dead: A Look at Cherished Traditions and New Twists on the Latin American Holiday
- A Monstrous Mashup: 13 Halloween Stories From the Coca-Cola Journey Archives