With the cooler weather and holidays approaching quickly, I thought I had to take this pumpkin obsession we all have to another level! First, because I really can’t stand seeing the same recipes for pumpkin things all over the Internet, and second, because if one pumpkin pie is good, then two pumpkin pies are even better, right? Especially when those two pumpkin pies are layered with, and dripping in, bourbon caramel and crunchy pecans.
About the Author
Amy Erickson is the voice behind Oh, Bite It. She creates fun and unique kitchen creations that are mostly all happy accidents. She is not a trained chef and doesn’t take food too seriously. She just finds it fun to keep things interesting in the kitchen.
Amy is one of our food bloggers for The Opener, an
exclusive, invite-only contributor network that will bring the best food,
culture, and innovation writing to the pages of
- 2 pumpkin pies, store-bought or homemade
- 2 14-ounce jars of caramel topping (or sauce of your choice)
- 1 Cup whole pecans
- 1-2 Tablespoon your favorite bourbon
- Total Time: N/A
- Prep Time: N/A
- Cook Time: N/A
- Prepare your pumpkin pies as you normally do. Make the bourbon glaze by adding the caramel, pecans and bourbon into a medium pot, warming it all the way through. Pour some of the glaze onto one of the pies, then top it with the second pumpkin pie and pour the rest of the bourbon caramel on top of it. Make sure that the caramel is dripping over the edges for effect. Slice it up as you would any other pie and act as if nothing is over-the-top here. Grab a plate for yourself and dig into that double decker, mile high, pumpkin pie tasty tower of delight. Enjoy!
More on Journey
- The Story of a Charleston, S.C. Restaurant and its Legendary Coca-Cola Cake
- Rocking Chairs and Rockin’ Bands: Porchfest Inspires National, Neighborhood-Centric Music Movement
- Hoops Heaven: 6 Hot Spots to Watch March Madness
- #JxJNashville: Meet the Characters of Music City
- Creative Coca-Cola Fans Dress Up as Their Beloved Brand for Halloween