Though things may change, right now Australia is third in the Olympic medal count from Beijing.
Did you know that the 1956 Olympic Games held in Melbourne, Australia, were the first Games held in the Southern Hemisphere?
Coca-Cola newspaper ads gave people an opportunity to attend these special Games. And, just as important, special Coke visors distributed at Olympic venues gave spectators some relief from the sun.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display