Famous industrial designer Raymond Loewy described the Coca-Cola contour bottle "as a masterpiece of scientific, functional planning" and "one of the classics of packaging history."
While some people believe that Loewy created the contour bottle, that's not the case. Loewy did work with Coke, though, in a number of ways. He created the distinctive bottle for Fanta, coolers and fountain dispensers for Coke, and even a wall-mounted bottle opener with a cover that caught the caps once they came off.
More on Journey
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola