Dr. Shell Huang, a research fellow at The
In the video, filmed the day before Mother's Day 2011, Daniel talks about what makes PlantBottle packaging, and his mom, special. "She's really concerned about the environment and what tomorrow will be like for future generations," Daniel says of his mom. "She invented a bottle... that’'s really great."
"I feel that I'm not only working for The
Telling the Story
The concept for the video came about during a brainstorming session before the PlantBottle packaging's rollout in Great Britain, France, Belgium, Norway, Sweden and the Netherlands.
Stafford Green, who leads the Paris-based
"When I met Shell, it was clear to me that she was an extraordinary scientist who truly believes in what she does," Green says. "And when I met Daniel, I knew his curious perspective of the world would create a very personal connection to Shell and her work, and provide the best narrative for PlantBottle packaging."
Setting an Example
As for Daniel, he says his mom sets a good example not only by driving a hybrid car and encouraging recycling at home but also by working hard and collaborating with others. "Just following in her footsteps, I think, would be a good idea."
More On Journey
- eKOfreshment Infographic: Coke's Sustainable Refrigeration Commitment By the Numbers
- Slideshow: Earth Hour Aims to Flip the Switch on Climate Change
- 7 Questions With: Wonolo Co-Founders AJ Brustein and Yong Kim
- Follow the Smiles: EKOCENTER Celebrates International Day of Happiness
- 'Speaking Millennial': Coke Puerto Rico Connects with Younger Generation Through Emojis