Did you know that on this day 123 years ago, the first ad for Coca-Cola was published in The Atlanta Journal? John Pemberton, the founder of Coca-Cola immediately advertised his product as "Delicious! Refreshing! Exhilirating! Invigorating!" I did an interview yesterday for City Cafe , an Atlanta public radio station show. In it, I talked about the very earliest days of Coke, and we were standing right outside the very location where Coca-Cola was first sold - Jacob's Pharmacy in Atlanta. Although nothing from the original pharmacy still exists, I thought you might enjoy seeing the first ad, and while you're at it, take a listen to the interview here.
More on Journey
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961