Last Friday I asked you to give me your best Coca-Cola caption for “Talk Like a Pirate Day.”
As a thought-starter, I shared this Coke parrot festoon from 1933.
I got some great captions:
- Arrr! I'm looking for something to wet me whistle. When I see it with me one eye, I'll know fer sure that it's an iced cold Coke. Arrr! It's what me needs right now. She's the booty in my buried treasure. When me drinks a Coca-Cola down the hatch, it shiver me timbers! Arrrr!
- Coke, Coke, Coke and a bottle of rum! (A varation of the old pirate song "Ho, Ho, Ho and a bottle of rum".)
- What did the Pirate say after eating his parrot? Arrrrrr Wings go better with Coke.
- aaarrrrggg Mattie what scoundrel stole me bounty of Coca-Cola? Go find him so we can make him walk the plank!
- Avaste mattie hold my can of Coke. When I hold it, my hook punches a hole in the can and it all leaks out.
And the winner is: “What did the Pirate say after eating his parrot? Arrrrrr Wings go better with Coke.” That was submitted by someone who calls herself “I've got a loser as a husband.”
Congratulations! I’ll be sending you a Coca-Cola prize, and I hope it helps make your husband look good for a day!
And I hope everyone will come back tomorrow for the next Friday Fun caption contest!
More on Journey
- 'Blizzard' of Taste: How Fresca Lived Up to Its Tagline, Literally, for 1967 Debut in New York
- Dispensing Refreshment: These Innovations Have Helped Spread the Enjoyment of Coca-Cola Through the Years
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?
- Meet Canada's Top Coca-Cola Collector
- Step Inside the Walmart Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas