Hi Abi, can you tell us where have you chosen for your Placelist?
I’ve chosen the beautiful estate Polesden Lacey near the village where I live in Surrey. I used to go down to the woods regularly as a child with parents and friends and climb trees. I loved the sense of freedom I got when I was there. Being up in the trees and swinging from branches freed up my mind and allowed creativity to blossom.
It seems your family and friends have played an important role in your songwriting?
My music is heavily based on events that have happened to me, my family, and my friends. The great thing about being able to put down very personal feelings and emotions into my songwriting is that it allows others to find answers within the music that maybe they would not have found by themselves. Songs need to come from within the heart.
Do you still spend a lot of time in the great outdoors?
Yes, the woods inspire me to make music because all around is movement. Movement of the trees, of the bugs, the birds, the wildlife, the water and the clouds in the air! Everything has rhythm and movements and I wanted to incorporate all of these things into my songs.
Listen to Abi F Jones’ Placelist, and listen to her song "Treetop" below:
More on Journey
- Cherry Coke, Coca-Cola Life – and Last Names – Join Ice-Cold ‘Share a Coke’ Summer Campaign
- Coca-Cola Leaders Give Shareowners View of Company’s Next Chapter
- How to Order ‘Share a Coke’ Bottles Sporting Your College Hoops Team’s Logo For March Madness
- Home Run Eats: SunTrust Park Offers Braves Country a Taste of Atlanta
- Coke’s Smaller Packages Soften Blow of Philly Beverage Tax for Shoppers and Store Owners