Some partners immediately come to mind any time you think of Coca-Cola.
Coke and McDonald's.
Coke and the Olympic Games.
Coke and a smile.
But what about Coca-Cola and…Porsche? Yes, Porsche, the iconic brand of sportscar just about everyone has dreamed of owning, and driving, at some point. The two companies actually have longstanding ties – including a few that even the biggest
The two brands' more recent shared history has been showcased these past few months at the Porsche Experience Center (PEC) at said headquarters. There, four incredible racecars completely tricked out in Coke iconography have been on display at the PEC Heritage Center. The cars all belong to private collectors now, but were once part of Bob Akin’s legendary racing team.
These four iconic red-and-white cars saw action and won trophies in races such as the 24 Hours of Daytona and the 12 Hours of Sebring. Akin’s
According to Bob’s son, Bobby Akin, the sponsorship wasn’t just about scoring access the iconic logo. Bob was a huge fan of the
The cars are now on their way back to their owners across the U.S.. But don’t worry, you may still be able to catch a glimpse. A few of the cars, and their owners, can be found on the vintage racing circuit.
More on Journey
- Cherry Coke, Coca-Cola Life – and Last Names – Join Ice-Cold ‘Share a Coke’ Summer Campaign
- Dairy Disruptors: Fast-Growing fairlife Milk Adds New Varieties, Refreshes Look
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Half of Coca-Cola Sales in UK Grocery and Convenience Stores Coming From No-Sugar Options
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership