Some partners immediately come to mind any time you think of Coca-Cola.
Coke and McDonald's.
Coke and the Olympic Games.
Coke and a smile.
But what about Coca-Cola and…Porsche? Yes, Porsche, the iconic brand of sportscar just about everyone has dreamed of owning, and driving, at some point. The two companies actually have longstanding ties – including a few that even the biggest
The two brands' more recent shared history has been showcased these past few months at the Porsche Experience Center (PEC) at said headquarters. There, four incredible racecars completely tricked out in Coke iconography have been on display at the PEC Heritage Center. The cars all belong to private collectors now, but were once part of Bob Akin’s legendary racing team.
These four iconic red-and-white cars saw action and won trophies in races such as the 24 Hours of Daytona and the 12 Hours of Sebring. Akin’s
According to Bob’s son, Bobby Akin, the sponsorship wasn’t just about scoring access the iconic logo. Bob was a huge fan of the
The cars are now on their way back to their owners across the U.S.. But don’t worry, you may still be able to catch a glimpse. A few of the cars, and their owners, can be found on the vintage racing circuit.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola North America is Bringing the Bubbly with Two Big Water Brands
- Coke’s Strategic Evolution Supports World Health Organization’s Daily Added Sugar Recommendations
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- Mobile App From Coca-Cola Japan Crosses 4 Million Downloads
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit