I visited East Lake Golf Club today to make plans to set up an exhibit of historic Coca-Cola golf material for at the club for The Tour Championship presented by Coca-Cola which will be held in two weeks. At one point in my career prior to joining The Coca-Cola Company, I was the Bobby Jones Curator at the Atlanta History Center. East Lake is the course where Jones learned to play and has always been one of my favorite golf clubs because it has such a rich golf heritage. If you are able to attend the tournament, make sure to visit the pro shop where they have a vintage vending machine. Pretty nice looking machine and the Bobby Jones Coca-Cola cutout to the right of it is a nice touch.
More on Journey
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola