A stone's throw from
Video: Making of Peanut Pie Filling and Coke Reduction
Peanut Pie Filling
- 2 Bottles Mexican
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups corn syrup
- 2 oz. melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups fried salted peanuts
- Place peanuts into bottom of pie.
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Pour over peanuts.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 min until set.
- While baking make cane Coke reduction.
- Open 2 bottles of Mexican cane Coke and pour them into a pot.
- Cook over moderate heat until syrupy.
Let pie cool completely. Cut and serve with unsweetened whipped cream and the Coke reduction.
More Recipes for Baking With Our Brands
And pie is just the beginning. From pies to biscuits and cakes, Sprite, Minute Maid and many of our other products open up a kitchen of cooking possibilities. Our friends at Tablespoon.com are baking with soda this month and created an original recipe for easy-to-make, 4-ingredient Sprite biscuits that will make your mouth water just looking at them. We give the flaky, fun recipe five stars and not just for its cute design.
With a can of Sprite, a box of Bisquick, butter and sour cream, you're just 25 minutes away from melt-in-your-mouth goodness. For the full Sprite Biscuit recipe and five other ways to bake with our products, visit Tablespoon.
More on Journey
A Monstrous Mashup: 13 Halloween Stories From the
Gifts That Keep On Giving: 12
Coca-ColaJourney Holiday Stories from Seasons Past
- The Pour That Refreshes: Why H&F Burger Chef Linton Hopkins Takes His Fountain Coke Very Seriously
Kalimotxo: The Popular Spanish Sipper Made with
- Georgia’s Porch Light Latin Kitchen Rallies for Puerto Rican Hurricane Relief