A stone's throw from Coca-Cola's headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia is a favorite local restaurant called JCT Kitchen. Among the many southern delicacies listed on the menu you will find a dessert that is dear to our hearts. It's JCT's Virginia Peanut Pie with Coke Reduction. The new twist on the traditional pairing of Coke and peanuts is a delightful treat. JCT pastry chef, Taria Camerino created the recipe and was not only kind enough to share it with us, but walk us through how to make it in the video below. We hope that if you're not able to stop in JCT to try a slice, that you'll enjoy making it at home.
Video: Making of Peanut Pie Filling and Coke Reduction
Peanut Pie Filling
- 2 Bottles Mexican Coca-Cola
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups corn syrup
- 2 oz. melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups fried salted peanuts
- Place peanuts into bottom of pie.
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Pour over peanuts.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 min until set.
- While baking make cane Coke reduction.
- Open 2 bottles of Mexican cane Coke and pour them into a pot.
- Cook over moderate heat until syrupy.
Let pie cool completely. Cut and serve with unsweetened whipped cream and the Coke reduction.
More Recipes for Baking With Our Brands
And pie is just the beginning. From pies to biscuits and cakes, Sprite, Minute Maid and many of our other products open up a kitchen of cooking possibilities. Our friends at Tablespoon.com are baking with soda this month and created an original recipe for easy-to-make, 4-ingredient Sprite biscuits that will make your mouth water just looking at them. We give the flaky, fun recipe five stars and not just for its cute design.
With a can of Sprite, a box of Bisquick, butter and sour cream, you're just 25 minutes away from melt-in-your-mouth goodness. For the full Sprite Biscuit recipe and five other ways to bake with our products, visit Tablespoon.
More on Journey
- #JXJAtlanta: How to Be a Tourist in Your Own City
- #JxJNashville: Meet the Characters of Music City
- Home Run Eats: SunTrust Park Offers Braves Country a Taste of Atlanta
- The Story of a Charleston, S.C. Restaurant and its Legendary Coca-Cola Cake
- Watch: Artist Makes Custom Chandeliers for Chick-fil-A Using Glass Coca-Cola Bottles