Coca-Cola is celebrating Chinese New Year 2016 with a throwback to 2004, the last Year of the Monkey. Twelve years ago, Coca-Cola China featured A Fu and A Jiao in the style of a traditional Chinese New Year painting. The pair of popular animated characters were created in 2001 and starred in Coca-Cola Spring Festival promotions over the next seven years.
In 2015, A Fu and A Jiao returned with a new look designed to bring back Chinese New Year traditions. A Fu is holding a golden cudgel, just like the curious Monkey King.
Check out this TV ad from Coca-Cola China:
More on Journey
- Reverse Care Package: U.S. Army Soldier Sends Her Parents Surprise Thank You in Minute Maid #doingood Film
- Home Run Eats: SunTrust Park Offers Braves Country a Taste of Atlanta
- Meet the '4-Pack': Coca-Cola and U.S. Athletes Team Up for Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018
- Half of Coca-Cola Sales in UK Grocery and Convenience Stores Coming From No-Sugar Options
- Meet the 22-Year-Old Moviemakers Who Won the Coca-Cola and Regal Films Competition