Coca-Cola is celebrating Chinese New Year 2016 with a throwback to 2004, the last Year of the Monkey. Twelve years ago, Coca-Cola China featured A Fu and A Jiao in the style of a traditional Chinese New Year painting. The pair of popular animated characters were created in 2001 and starred in Coca-Cola Spring Festival promotions over the next seven years.
In 2015, A Fu and A Jiao returned with a new look designed to bring back Chinese New Year traditions. A Fu is holding a golden cudgel, just like the curious Monkey King.
Check out this TV ad from Coca-Cola China:
More on Journey
- Meet the 22-Year-Old Moviemakers Who Won the Coca-Cola and Regal Films Competition
- No Easy Buckets: A Q&A With Basketball Star and New POWERADE Ambassador Damian Lillard
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Half of Coca-Cola Sales in UK Grocery and Convenience Stores Coming From No-Sugar Options
- How to Order ‘Share a Coke’ Bottles Sporting Your College Hoops Team’s Logo For March Madness