Coca-Cola is celebrating Chinese New Year 2016 with a throwback to 2004, the last Year of the Monkey. Twelve years ago, Coca-Cola China featured A Fu and A Jiao in the style of a traditional Chinese New Year painting. The pair of popular animated characters were created in 2001 and starred in Coca-Cola Spring Festival promotions over the next seven years.
In 2015, A Fu and A Jiao returned with a new look designed to bring back Chinese New Year traditions. A Fu is holding a golden cudgel, just like the curious Monkey King.
Check out this TV ad from Coca-Cola China:
More on Journey
- WATCH: Vince Staples Stars in New Sprite Music Video and TV Spot
- 2,000 Pieces and 28 Years Later: Life-Sized Coke Puzzle Nears Completion
- Creating the New Fanta Bottle: Taking ‘Impossible’ Designs From Drawing Board to Supermarket Shelves
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?
- See How Coca-Cola and the Phillies Helped Pull Off a ‘Prom-posal’ to Remember