Imagine growing up a child of public television parents in the ‘80s. Just think of the magic you might have missed!
Aly Keves of The Daily Dot is that person. And this week, she’s throwing it back to 1984 by watching the original Ghostbusters for the first time ever with a little help from Hi-C Ecto Cooler and Coca-Cola Journey.
This is The Geek Awakens:
Hi-C Ecto Cooler – which debuted in 1987 through a promotional tie-in with the iconic franchise Ghostbusters – reappeared in May ahead of the film’s buzzed-about reboot, which hits theaters July 15.
Though originally planned as short-lived promotional beverage, the ghoulishly green juice drink’s immense popularity kept it around for more than a decade. When Hi-C Ecto Cooler was discontinued in 2001, websites dedicated to ‘80s and ‘90s nostalgia began to name-check the brand, and a growing legion of social media fan groups soon clamored for a comeback. Those communities, fueled by lobbying support from Sony Pictures, convinced The Coca-Cola Company to give the brand a curtain call.
Hi-C Ecto Cooler is available in 10-packs of 6-ounce juice boxes and in multi-packs of 11.5- oz. aluminum cans featuring thermal ink printing technology that turns an eerie shade of slime green when chilled. Learn more at www.ecto.cool.
More on Journey
- Cold Lyrics by Hot Rappers Here! Introducing the Summer Sprite™ Cold Lyrics Series™
- How Coca-Cola Sparked the Surging Ready-to-Drink Coffee Business in Japan
- See How Coca-Cola and the Phillies Helped Pull Off a ‘Prom-posal’ to Remember
- Reverse Care Package: U.S. Army Soldier Sends Her Parents Surprise Thank You in Minute Maid #doingood Film
- Step Inside the Walmart Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas