On Friday I asked you to give me a funny or touching caption for this 1947 image of a soldier playing Santa for the day.
We had a shortened Friday Fun contest period, but you all didn’t disappoint me. You sent in some great captions.
- Hey Sarge! The Jeep is all packed with the presents and ready to roll! How's chubby, I mean Santa, coming along? Make sure that beard fits around his fat, I mean jolly, face.
- So here's the plan... We dress you up like Santa, send over eight soldiers in reindeer costumes and sneak down the enemy's fireplace.
- For two ice cold cokes, Chet got Henry's homemade flak jacket.
- Even across the sea, General Eisenhower made sure there was Coca-Cola and Santa Claus at Christmas for the troops.
- Hurry up Soldiers, the Colonel said we do not get any Coca-Cola or Presents until HE sees Santa.
- Let’s hope the enemy is celebrating Christmas too because you're gonna' make one heck of a target wearing that red suit!
- Hey Sarge, since you two are busy, can I have one of those Cokes?
- Hey Sarge, pass me a Coke!
- December 25th, Peace On Earth.
December 26th, Resume bombing.
- Quick! The soldiers are awaiting Santa's delivery. So much Coke, so little time!
Due to the holidays, our next Friday Fun game will be on January 2. Thanks to everyone who has taken part in these contests over the past few months!
More on Journey
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem