On June 27, the Boys and Girls Club of America hosted its first-ever Fruit and Veggie Fest, with the goal of showing kids that healthy eating can be both tasty and fun. Throughout the day, children got to vote on their favorite food truck dish. Enjoy the winning recipe, compliments of Tres Taco Truck!
- 2 zucchinis, finely chopped
- .5 Cup black beans, drained
- 1 Cup corn
- 1 Cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon molcajete salsa (see recipe below)
- 1 Tablespoon queso fresco, or any other grated cheese
- 6 wheat tortillas
- 6 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 limes, squeezed
- .5 bunch of cilantro
- Total Time: 25 min
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Salsa: Grill or cook on the stove top tomatoes and onion, then chop finely. Blend with lime juice and cilantro. Tacos: Wrap the rest of the ingredients in a tortilla, top with your fresh salsa and enjoy!
For more on Tres Taco Truck, visit them at www.roaminghunger.com/tres-truck. Or find them on Twitter: @TresTruck.
More on Journey
- 2016 Sustainability Report: Agriculture Infographic
- An 'Infatuation' With Food and Music: Andrew Steinthal's Journey From Record Exec to Startup Success
Coca-ColaLaunch Beverage Pairing Meal Kits
Find Your Match:
Coca-ColaFreestyle Food Pairings Make Your Meals Pop
- Culinary Caravans: Food Truck Festivals Bring Fresh Eats to the Masses