I’ve mentioned that our Coca-Cola Polar Bear turns 15 this year.
For this week’s Friday Fun contest, I have a very different polar bear. This parade float is from a “Spring Festival” parade in Peru in 1952. A polar bear wouldn't be part of a spring festival in Atlanta, but the picture is fun! (And I don’t understand the Spirograph behind the bear!)
The game: Write a funny, clever or “punny” caption for this photo. Send it to me using the “comments” section below. The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, Dec. 17.
The prize: I’ll announce the winner (i.e., my favorite or the funniest) on Thursday, Dec. 18. The winner will receive a Coca-Cola prize from my “goodie closet.”
I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
More on Journey
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria