Are you ready for the Oscars on Sunday, March 2?
The Academy Awards, aka the Oscars -- it's Hollywood’s biggest night of the year, eagerly anticipated by movie buffs and celebrity watchers alike. The globally televised event is an elaborate extravaganza where the Who’s Who of showbiz don designer duds and make their way up the red carpet -- some to accept the coveted Oscar statuette; others to see and be seen.
Avid viewers are planning to burn the midnight oil or have already set the DVR to record the red carpet antics, humorous anecdotes and emotional acceptance speeches.
Some enthusiasts make a point to view the films nominated for Best Picture prior to the Oscars, while others prefer to wait and see which one the Academy deems most worthy of a movie theater splurge.
How About You?
Have you already seen the 9 nominated films, or are you going to let the industry experts help you decide which of the movies deserves top billing on your list of must-see flicks?
More on Journey
- Big Game Appeal: Do You Crave Touchdowns or Commercials?
- Valentine's Day: All Out or Less Is More?
- Woodruff vs Robinson Region Champs: #1 Santa Claus vs. #2 The Polar Bear
- The Oscars: Do You Preview the Nominees for Best Picture?
- Pemberton Region Round One: #3 The Diet Coke Hunk vs. #2 The Hilltop Singers