It’s a plane fit for the global icon of football supremacy.
Earlier today, we got a sneak peek inside the 40-passenger McDonnell Douglas (MD) 83 aircraft that will take the FIFA World Cup Trophy on its globetrotting journey over the next nine months before the tournament kicks off in Brazil.
The plane – decorated in the vibrant colors of the host nation of the 2014 FIFA World Cup – takes off tomorrow morning on its maiden voyage from Atlanta, Ga. to San Jose, Costa Rica. There, thousands of fans will have their photo taken with the 18-carat-gold trophy and enjoy other attractions and interactive experiences.
More on Journey
- Mom on the Run: How Coke's Maria Heskin Juggles a Busy Career and Two Super-Fast Kids
- Slideshow: Top 10 Photos From First Leg of FIFA World Cup Trophy Tour
- World Sight Day: India’s Blind Cricket Team Captain Says Being Visually Impaired is a Gift
- #ChangeTheGame With Lebron James and Sprite 6 Mix
- Breaking Ground and Reopening Happiness in Moore, Okla.