During a speech peppered with Coke proof points and lessons learned, Kent highlighted five steps organizations can take to achieve “self-perpetuating success” and growth:
1. Continue to invest.
2. Find and develop experienced, global-minded talent.
3. Form strategic partnerships.
4. Leverage the power of open-source networks.
5. Maintain a relentless focus on sustainability.
Organizations must go beyond incremental developments and create unexpected or disruptive innovations that break through and make a lasting impact, Kent added. He mentioned our newly announced partnership with musician and producer will.i.am on the EKOCYCLE brand initiative to encourage sustainable consumer behavior through lifestyle products made partially from recycled material. If you haven’t heard of this initiative yet – be sure to check it out online!
“One of the things I always share with Coke people is the need to remain constructively discontent,” he concluded. “Today, for all of us in business and government and civil society, the choice is between innovation and irrelevancy. You either innovate or you become irrelevant.”
What do you think? What other ways can Coke and other companies create an innovative culture to help stay ahead of the game?
More on Journey
Coca-ColaBottling Plant in North China Starts Production
- Coca-Cola Consolidated to Invest $5 Million in New South Carolina Distribution Center
- Three Things I Learned From #CocaColaRenew
- Coca-Cola’s Brent Wilton Named Global Leader in Addressing Human Trafficking and Slavery
- Coca-Cola Donates 34,000 Bottles of Water to Support NY Governor Cuomo’s Hurricane Maria Relief Mission to Puerto Rico